Friday, April 25, 2014

Bathroom Make-over!!! (Part 1)

I am SO excited to share my completed bathroom make-over! 

This is our first floor powder room before. Complete with sunshine yellow counters, sink, and toilet when we moved in, we said it would be one of the first things we needed to re-do. Somehow here we are two years later and it is just finally getting done.  I mean really, look at the before- it's A.W.F.U.L.
I did a lot a research to decide if we should rip out the vanity or just replace the counter.  Ripping out the vanity required a lot more work, and I really like having the built in vanity. I knew with a little love, our powder room could be transformed.

We decided on a live edge maple wood slab counter top, and worked with a local company (Pennsylvania Dutch Design).  The first step was the template.  Jeff from PA Dutch Design came out and spent about two hours building a cardboard template of our counter.  He was awesome and helped decide exactly where we should place the sink and faucet.

About two weeks later, we had our plumber come by to disconnect our old sink and take the toilet out so I could have some room to paint.  The counter was removed, toilet taken out, I disconnected the old light fixture (really easy!) and took the vanity doors off.
Next I painted the ceiling white and primed the walls and the vanity.
 
I painted the trim around the door and window (the previous owners used off white and it just looked dirty) and painted the vanity Cottage White from Behr.  The trim and vanity both needed two coats.  I finished painting the walls, trim, vanity and door and installed a new light fixture.  This is where we are at:

Displaying photo.JPG
Progress!!!
There are some pretty big things happening over the next 5 days (counter top and sink install), artwork, blinds, and mirrors - oh my!  I am so excited to share the final product (and see it for myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment